An Amazing Journey - Aagnik Biswas, Class - IX

I had a great opportunity to go for an amazing trip to SANDAKPHU with my dad. I travelled from Howrah to NEW JALPAIGURI by train. I started my journey on Sunday afternoon. I remember that the time was 3 p.m. I went to the railway station with my dad. Then the train arrived at the station and we boarded the train. The train journey was for 1 day. I was getting bored in the train as I had nothing to do. I watched a movie and some videos regarding trekking. I saw lot of places on the way .Finally we arrived at NEW JALPAIGURI STATION. Then we took a cab and moved forward for SANDAKPHU where we checked in to a hotel. After that we all had lunch and had a good amount of sleep which was extremely necessary. There came the day when we had to go for trekking .I told my dad to call me at 4:00 am and by God’s grace I woke up but it was extremely cold,the water was freezing. Somehow we had tea and we went for trekking. We sat in a jeep which took us to our destination. We reached a point where we had to trek 18kms by walking and it was steep slope. On the way I saw a lot of wild animals and fruits which I had never seen before. I was very tired but my dad motivated me. Then it was dusk and I saw a Maggi point where my dad and I had Maggi and tea. It was getting extremely cold, the temperature was -4 °C. We got a tent to sleep but the wind didn’t let us sleep. During the dinner time we all sat near a bonfire and had dinner. The guide used to tell accident stories which happened in the past. After hearing those I was very much scared. On the 6th day we reached the top of the mountain Makalu. Due to high altitude I was having breathing problems. I had to take oxygen and finally on the 7th day we came down and had good food. Then came back home safely. It was an amazing experience as it was my first trekking and I wish to go on a trip like that again.

Aagnik Biswas,

Class -9,Roll no.-1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour to Puri with My Parents - by Samadrita Roy Choudhury (IA)

India and its Space Achievements

Incredible India