Curiosity - by Shangrila Jaiswal (8, A)

 Curiosity

Where has this universe originated from? Who am I and what am I? Why does this universe exist? And hundreds of more questions like these run inside my head whenever it’s time to sleep. Humans’ curiosity has to them many and many discoveries and inventions. This is the story of me when I was 12 years old and was a girl who was obsessed with space, universe, mysterious phenomena and more. One day I came back from my friend’s house late at night about 9:00 pm, as she lived just 10 minutes from my house. Just like every other mom,my mom was angry with me for coming late, she still served me the dinner and went to sleep. My dad went for a business trip. My mom and I were alone at home. As I said I was a very curious girl who loved knowing the universe’s secrets. I used to awake till late at night and used to binge on Science shows. It was 12:00 o’clock and my eyes were sleepy but the show was so interesting that I wasn’t able to sleep. Suddenly a loud banging noise came from my backyard and It seemed to be like a horror nightmare but who knew that something strange was waiting for me? I Stood up from my sofa and began to walk towards my backyard. As I went forward, the sound kept on increasing and echoing in my ears. I opened the door and went to my backyard, It was pitch dark so I switched on a bulb “Oh my God, how can this be real!?” I was amazed by what I saw. There was an unknown and strange looking spaceship in my backyard and there were some alien like creatures who were unconscious. I, being a brave one, tried to enter the spaceship and I started touching and clicking all the buttons inside it. Suddenly the lights switched on and all the creatures came inside the space ship as it was the time to take off. It seemed like the creatures were good enough and would not harm me so I asked them about their origin and who were they? They replied “We are here to take you to our planet named Asterion which is 10 light years away from the Earth.”

As usual I agreed and decided to visit their planet but took a promise from them that they would safely drop me back to my home. The spaceship took off and It reached the outer space, and in a second or so we reached Asterion! It was a totally beautiful and strange planet. There were many creatures and different green coloured oceans, purple coloured sky and creatures who had one eye and four ears. I was going to visit their king who was knowingly a famous and intelligent scientist, who knew all the mysteries of the universe but suddenly a sound came, “Wake up, Wake up!!” and it came out to be a dream, that night I slept on the sofa. This dream still pushes me to uncover the mysteries of our universe.

Written by :

Shangrila Jaiswal

Class : 8, Section: A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour to Puri with My Parents - by Samadrita Roy Choudhury (IA)

India and its Space Achievements

Incredible India